Friday, July 13, 2012

A year ago ...

This morning I realized that at this time last year, I was having a tough month. Ada was not even a month old and we were packing up the house and preparing to move to Prescott, the landlady was parading prospective tenants in and out every day. Jeffrey was winding down his clerkship and getting ready to start his career at a firm. I was a mom and getting back to my job as well and overall I remember feeling pretty damn stressed out. Thank goodness for those new mommy good feelings, because I would have probably been a wreck otherwise. Way to go, Ada!

Can I just say, I am soooooo looking forward to not moving to a new city, no one changing jobs, and for the first time in a long time having some stability? Actually knowing how much time, money, and what kind of weather to expect is kind of amazing. Sure, there will be ups and downs, but the spikes on the graph are going to be much less dramatic.

I still think of the year in terms of the school calendar and this coming year is going to be great! We baked up a terrific little friend in Ada -- healthy, busy, interesting, and fun. Jeffrey is happy at his firm and despite how he feels sometimes, he's doing a great job. He's playing basketball and golf. The Chipotle finally opened! Happiness.

Now we can just settle in. I'm still a bit worn out. I need a year of rest!

I'm trying to navigate my own life here in Prescott. I like it here. A lot of the things I really valued having before aren't really available in Prescott the way they were available in Tucson and Phoenix: riding, shopping, walk-in nail salons and friends that also enjoy those things ... but I'm working on it. One year at a time!

Ada on 7-13-2011
Ada on 7-12-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment