Tuesday, March 18, 2008

... and like a severed limb, my knuckles immediately began to burn ...

Does anyone else remember this delightful torture device? You put ice cubes under Snoopy, and while pressing really, really hard (as hard as, say, a six-year-old can) on the Snoopy, you crank a, er, crank on the back to "shave" ice (and turn your knuckles into hand meat) into the little spin-y barrel. When you have, say, a thimble full, you pour the syrup on it. 

Voila! Sno-Cone. And I recommend cherry flavor. Hides the blood.

3 comments:

  1. Once I used mine to grate cheese. No more Snoopy Snow Cones after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like that idea! Shaving the ice cubes was hard work! But maybe monterey jack bricks tossed in would be a snap!

    Fondue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have one of those. Never could make the dern thing work. Grr.

    ReplyDelete