You know what isn't a good idea?
A sick mommy.
Sick mommies have trouble keeping it together and running on little sleep (plus they can't get better without sleep, pffft ... who came up with this system!!!).
Okay, well, dealing with a sick baby hasn't been that bad since Ada is a superstar sick baby. She never really got horribly icky like I did. Just a little cute, phlegmy cough. I took her over to the doc to make sure there wasn't some new miracle infant cold cure (there isn't) and to make sure it really was just a little cold (it was) and away we went home again. Ada has been in a great mood and although she sounds like a pug when she breathes and snores like her GPaG Terry in miniature when she sleeps, she's still having a lovely time.
I, on the other hand, am not making much headway. I've even pulled out the neti pot and done a little saline irrigation on the nose parts trying to help eradicate the symptoms (I know the symptoms are part of the fight against the cold virus, but they suck and I want my head back.)
Jeffrey has not been afflicted, fortunately. He rarely gets sick and when he does, he thinks he's dying.*
Today, however, I feel like fighting. I WILL NOT HAVE THIS COLD ANY LONGER! OUT DAMN SPOT! (wait, wrong play...)
I have coffee, Hostess Donettes -- chocolate covered, and many boxes of tissues. YOU ARE GOING DOWN, COLD!
Now if I could just get a nap...
*Jeffrey had a fever once a few years ago and kept saying, "this can't be normal sick, are you sure I don't need to go to urgent care?" I gave him some meds and he was fine within 45 minutes. Death averted!
In Ada news:
- She can now assist in holding her own bottle -- though she often ends up with it in her ear,
- She is tentatively taking "steps" -- if you hold her up and give her a little nudge forward, she slowly marches right-left-right,
- She can also now rollover from her back to her tummy and when she is on her tummy she doesn't panic. There is some pre-crawl beetling of the arms and legs, but fortunately she hasn't figure it out yet. However, she can only roll to the right. Like Zoolander, she isn't an ambi-turner,
- She has added the Beach Boys's "Barbara Anne" to her song list as well as me singing Iron Man while making her toys head bang. Her taste in music is bizarre, and
- Her new favorite toy is a stuffed chicken. There is nothing funnier than a baby clutching a fairly regulation-sized stuffed chicken.