Friday, September 9, 2011

Hoping this isn't a trend

It is 5:30 a.m. and I've been up since 4 a.m. And every two-hour increment before that since 9 p.m. when we started this whole "sleeping" plan (we start the "go to bed" sequence around 8 p.m.)

I hope that we return to our regular schedule of sleeping until 2:30 a.m. in a chunk so that I don't die.

Mornings, well I guess I should write that "mornings" can be a bit tough anyway as Ada usually wakes up around 2:30 a.m. for a feeding, then again at 4 a.m.

It really wouldn't be so bad (it's particularly nice when Ada gives me big grins -- I love that part) except that The Dogs think that if I get up at 4 a.m. it is close enough to morning for them to be fed and be taken for their morning ablutions. I disagree with them. It is also too early for me to seek out Jeffrey for them to convince. I can usually push them until 5 a.m. but then their joy wakes up Ada and I've got two food-obsessed dogs and a cranky baby. This is usually when I have to knock Jeffrey out of his slumber to help.

Today I'm going to be tired and I don't really think a nap is going to be fit in to the day's schedule. This is particularly unfortunate because tonight Jeffrey and I are leaving Ada in the care of someone and are going to a fancy benefit gala with his law firm. I'm going to be gorgeous! Pass me that Benefit Erase Paste as I now need to coat my entire face in it ...

Of course all the 4 a.m. slap-happy dogs are now sleeping soundly again.

At least Ada has the good sense to be wide awake and playing in her gym to make me feel like I'm not just a dupe :)

Good morning!!!! *head desk*

EDIT: 5:50 a.m. Ada is now asleep again. I guess I'm going to sack out on the couch and try to catch a few winks ... *head couch*

No comments:

Post a Comment