Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Since October 7th...

On October 7th, 2010, I took a little test. Then I took two more. Then I called Jeffrey. Our future now included the tick box "parents."

Fortunately on October 8th, 2010, Jeffrey got the results of his own little test and his future now ALSO included the tick box "licensed attorney." Whew.

Today marks the 40th week on this baby baking. I'm officially on maternity leave from work, my mom and I have sewn just about every project under the sun, and Jeffrey keeps asking me, "any action yet?" while poking at my belly. He also keeps mentioning how enormous my belly is -- which would be offensive, I suppose, but since my belly IS enormous it's hard to feel particularly bad about it.

Also, while my mom and I have been running errands and recreational shopping (mostly the window, not the buying kind) it's been fun watching people's facial expressions when they ask me when I'm due and I get to say things like, "tomorrow."

I had a checkup yesterday and everything is fine. Baby's heartbeat is strong and even, my weight gain is still "perfect," and the baby is locked and loaded correctly.

And now we wait. Patiently. Sort of ...

*yawn*

2 comments:

  1. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-Great Grandma Rinne used to say: Is it soup yet? Is it soup yet? Is it soup yet? I think that's what Uncle Lloyd used to say when he was hungry for supper and just couldn't wait--but the idea applies!!! It'll happen on Ada time!

    ReplyDelete