Friday, August 15, 2014

The Wizard of Oz

Tonight we watched The Wizard of Oz. I thought Ada might be ready for it, but I had some concerns that she wouldn't understand parts, would be scared, etc. I've been telling her about it -- the whole story about Dorothy and the storm, the Munchkins, the yellow brick road, the characters she meets, and the Wicked Witch ... all in the hopes that she'd better understand it. She still had some concerns...

It's always fun for me to see how she reacts to these things. I snapped photos of her face while we watched it. The shots aren't the best because of the light, but man, you can really see how she's feeling. I hope you enjoy, "Ada and the Wizard."

The Munchkins

Scarecrow

Concerns about the Cowardly Lion, the Poppies, and "Where is she going?!"

The monkeys take off to capture Dorothy ... maybe we should have fast forwarded this part.

Oh yeah, should have fast forwarded. She was absolutely bawling about the Witch's Castle scenes.

Back to normal, though a bit annoyed that Dorothy isn't getting anything from the Wizard.

Explaining to me that it was just a dream with some guys. 

Jeffrey tweeted the experience. Here's a screenshot of his feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment