Friday, September 7, 2012

Rainy Days

Prescott offers up a wonderful wet season at the end of the summer.

Just when you don't think you want another sunny, hot afternoon, the thunder clouds roll in and you get to enjoy a little cool drizzle.

This whole week has had afternoon thunderstorms, which were welcome after such hot days in Tucson. Last night the thunderclaps were intense. It was as if the sky was clapping its hands right above our roof. It woke Jeffrey and I up. Ada didn't even stir. I guess they still aren't a part of her world.

The storm was swift and moved along fairly quickly.

Today the morning has brought us a cool, overcast day where everything is slightly damp and scrubbed clean.

I took this picture a few weeks ago. It looks like this now.


 One of the nice things about Prescott is that it has seasons. The chill creeps in slowly in the mornings, blossoms into a warm day, then comes back in the evenings for pleasant walks. Fall is coming!

Today is a bit rainy and I'll be alternating my coffee with hot chocolate and later Ada and I will go jump in puddles then maybe she'll hold still long enough to wrap her in a blanket on the couch and watch a movie with me: though it might just be the poodle and I snuggled in as Ada isn't much for sitting still rainy day or not!


No comments:

Post a Comment