Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Six Month Review!

Ada's six-month anniversary was actually last week, but since her checkup wasn't until today, I held off on reporting since I didn't have any stats.

Now I do.

Weight: 18.4 pounds. We were convinced it was more like 30... 18 seems much more reasonable sounding.


Height: 25.75 in. Her pants are all becoming capris.


Head circumference: 43.2 cm. Um, yay? I never know what this stuff means.

To sum up: She's awesome.

It is hard for me to believe it has been half a year already. From not fitting into her smallest onesies in the beginning to sitting next to me right now as I type this (playing with blocks and trying to figure out how to hit the switch on the bouncer for music), I'm amazed at how she has grown.

Her skill sets are adding up nicely -- she has great core strength, excellent hand/eye coordination, she likes to feed herself, she is rolling around to destinations she can't crawl to (yet!), and can sit for a really long time and entertain herself with toys. She's also a scoundrel. Her little walker has enabled her to zoom around the house getting into trouble. Today she found she could get across the carpet and twang the doorstop, much to her delight. There are videos of her strutting around the house on www.youtube.com/AZGautreaux but it doesn't do it justice. You'll just have to come visit us and see!

She also is developing her palate: bananas, sweet potato, avocado, peas, carrots, regular potatoes, vanilla ice cream, saltines, graham crackers, pizza crust, and apples. She did not care for pears.

What she doesn't know is that tonight we start the "crying it out" phase of Project Ada Sleeping. She's not going to like it. Our pediatrician assures us it will make for a happier baby. I don't know. The baby in these pictures looks mighty happy to me ... and she woke up four times last night with demands.
















2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! And happy! I love the picture with the poodle in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting her cry it out will also make YOU happier in the long run and will teach her much about NOT needing instant gratification(easy for me to say from here, because I'd break down at about the 2 minute cry/whine mark and pick her up); but you and Jeffrey are stronger(do NOT let him go in there until it is necessary!!!)
    GpaG

    ReplyDelete