Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Last Six Weeks ...

So apparently it was six weeks ago that I blogged ... in that time, I've had a baby and moved to a different city. Rather than bore you with the mundane prattling normally found here, I bring you a photo scrap book of The Last Six Weeks!

Several hours before Ada was born, I demonstrate my wry wit along with my heart rate monitor.

Ada Elizabeth Gautreaux, 7-22-2011, 7:35 p.m., 7 lbs 8.6 oz, mommy had ALL the drugs.


Jeffrey holding his daughter for the first time.
Ada, showing us what she thinks of us.
Sleeping!


Ada in a duckie towel after one of her first baths.
Grandpa Rinne holding his great granddaughter.

Who's tired?
Ada, a few weeks in, giving us a typical Ada Face -- she really is sitting up in that corner of the chair all by herself.
At Zinburger with Terry -- he basically packed our whole house.
Lucy in her chair, hemmed in by all the boxes. Lucy has moved ten times in her life. She's a pro.
Ada looking bored with us ... again.
The truck is so big, it doesn't fit in the frame. It also completely obscures our Phoenix house behind it. And yes, Jeffrey drove it all by himself and no one was killed! (I won't mention the incident with the giant rock.)
The view from our deck in Prescott.

Lucy enjoying the view from one of our decks in Prescott.

Sunset at Watson Lake in Prescott.
Ada, finally not bored by us. I think she enjoys living in Prescott!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby girl!! Probably has daddy wrapped around her little finger already..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update and photos. Ada is such a little doll.. great to run into you before yoga last week. Glad you made it through the move, and the scenery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It cracks me up that in pictures #8 and #9, Jeffrey and Ada have the EXACT SAME LOOK. And the pic of Prescott Lake and the last picture of Ada settles it ... Imma come visit! Soon! First I need money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, was there any question that you would HAVE TO VISIT? Crazy girl. Get your tickets, yo, because there is a canoe rental in our future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, y'all are so dang CUTE! Beautiful family. And as a woman who's not quite seven months pregnant and can't even get off my butt to vacuum, I salute you for having a baby AND moving. You're a goddess. Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete