Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

I realized this morning that this is the last day off that Jeffrey and I would spend together as just the two of us.

We decided we should enjoy it by getting bagels to feast on and heading out to Chapparal Park in Scottsdale and feeding the ducks some leftover bread.

By Wednesday of this week I'll be 38 weeks and, although I'd like Ada baby to wait until next week at least to make an appearance, who knows! I mean, look at that size of that bump!

Monster belly!

Jeffrey pinging the ducks with bread

Tonight we grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob for dinner. We handed Lily and Lucy our cobs as an experiment. Lucy took hers away, gave it a few game bites and rejected it. Lily actually worked on hers, removing little bits of remnant corn, even flipping it over to get at some particularly good ones. Maybe she isn't as dumb as we thought...

Tomorrow, back to the grind. Thursday my mom shows up! Friday she and I are going to head up to Prescott so I can show her our new city and we'll check out a few potential places to live. Friday can only happen if the baby stays INSIDE. STAY INSIDE ADA BABY!

But just in case, our bags are packed, the car seat has been installed, and we're ready for her to arrive when she's ready ... just wait a bit, 'k baby?

5 comments:

  1. Hee. I'm used to hearing mothers-to-be scream that they want the baby OUT already. Your response strikes me as more sane. So much less work this way. Nobody has to childproof a womb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's making me really uncomfortable inside, but I'm guessing that she'll also make me uncomfortable outside. Mostly I just want her to wait a bit because I have some things to do before she gets here ... including visiting with my mom without a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I think I tried on that dress (Target?) Now I wish I'd bought it. Good luck keeping her in for another week! I hear it's supposed to near 100 in Phoenix today ... I'm sure it won't be long until you're wishing her out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want her out. Just not until Saturday. I have too much to do this week and my mom and I want to go up to Prescott on Friday and look at a few rental places. But yeah, she isn't comfortable to tote around anymore and I'm finally starting to feel what being pregnant is all about: weird pains, can't sleep comfortable, Braxton Hicks, reflux ... and she is getting really strong. Fortunately, it's only been the last two weeks and we really only have two more to go before they evict her ... so I'm trying not to complain too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has the countdown started yet/are you at the fail safe point?---did the trip to Prescott happen? Is Braxton Hicks a country singer? Are these esoteric questions? DO NOT evict!!! Reason with her to be still and wait!!! It's good practice for when she becomes a teenager.

    ReplyDelete